Here I am: sitting in my robe, drinking my coffee, and just finished eating breakfast with Justin and sending him off to school. I feel like a mom already! :) Justin is off to Gresham HS to start his first day with freshmen. Tomorrow all students will be at school. He is excited to begin and start this new journey!
This weekend was BUSY. We finally finished cleaning the garage and were able to park two cars in the garage last night. If you really know Justin, you know this is VERY important to him. :) I never grew up with cars in the garage. The garage was always devoted to my dad's wood-shop, so making sure cars are able to park inside was a new one to me once we got married. However, I really do appreciate the advantages to having a car already dry and semi-warm on a cold, wet Oregon morning! Anyway, the garage was a feat to be tackled. Due to no storage in our new home (the one major disadvantage to the house), we have been forced to come to terms with all our junk. :) I had to go through all of the boxes from my childhood, high school, etc. that my parents graciously stored for the past 10 years. Needless to say, I had a lot of junk (as well as treasures) that I got to sort through. It was a fun time, full of memories...but I am glad it is done! :)
In addition to the garage, we also were able to get the Murphy bed into our guest room/office/music studio. I tell you, that room is about as efficient as it gets! If you don't know what it is, a Murphy bed is a bed that folds down from the wall. My dad made one for their old house, but didn't need it in the new house. Thankfully, it is exactly what we needed for our new home in order to still have a guest bed available. Dad was happy to keep it in the family, and we were happy to put it in our house. So there you go, our guest bed is ready for visitors! :)
Alright, I better start my day. I need to do some painting on the Murphy bed frame, go to the gym, and take a long nap. A full day indeed! :)

3 comments:
That sounds just like my mornings! Coffee for me, and formula for Addison as Eric goes off to school. I never realized you could actually stay busy all day, staying at home, it's crazy, I don't know how it all got done before! Just wait till Ellie arrives, you'll see :)
Go to the gym?! You're crazy :) Way to keep excercising soon to be mama! :) Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!
Good luck Justin!!! Sarah, hope you enjoyed your day. :)
Post a Comment