Ok, fair warning: this is a plug for Best Buy. But, before you stop reading - hear me out:
Justin and I are two of the millions of people who have opted out of a landline at home and just use our cell phones. We have been "devoted" customers of AT+T for several years now and both enjoyed our phones. However, after 3 1/2 years, both phones are acting up and the batteries are toast. Not something you really want to deal with when these are your only way of getting ahold of people - especially right now! :)
So anyway, we have been talking for awhile about renewing our contracts and getting new phones. However, we don't want to pay for phones...we want them to be free. :) For several months now we have been discussing this and even shopping around at different stores, but have been unimpressed with the service and phones. This weekend we decided to really start looking and went into a Verizon and AT+T store to seriously look for new plans/phones. Unfortunately, Verizon didn't really appeal to us and the employees at AT+T were rude and a bunch of idiots - seriously! Not great with customer service AT ALL. I was ready to give up and deal with it for another couple of months when Justin started looking into mobile phone service at Best Buy....
We went to Best Buy and it was amazing. Not only did they offer a ton of free phones if you renewed or started a contract, but they also deal with AT+T, Verizon, and Sprint - so we could compare plans. Also, the guy was SUPER nice and didn't apply pressure. He was honest about the phones and plans, and helped us figure out what would work best for us. As a result, we were able to get new phones (retailing at $350 each!) and renew our plan to a CHEAPER plan. The best part was, we didn't have to deal with any mail-in rebates. I swear, those things rarely work! We got majorly scammed last time we had a mail-in rebate with AT+T, so I was very excited to not have to deal with it!
As we were falling asleep last night, I asked Justin if he feels kind of like we cheated the system by getting phones for free and paying less for our plans. He replied, "Nope! I think we finally figured out how to do it correctly in this one little area."
I agree... :)

2 comments:
Great story! We are doing the same with cell phones only, and looking for new service, blah, blah.....now we will have to check out Best Buy, thanks!!
Glad you got a good deal-and cheaper is always good!
Post a Comment