There's Just One Thing Missing...

Monday, September 15, 2008





Can you guess what it is? I know, I know!! An Ellie!






 











I am about 38 weeks and very very ready to meet our little girl. I am sorry if I appear anxious or impatient. Those of you who have been through pregnancy before (especially in this heat) can completely understand. I know, it is good for her to be in the "oven" as long as possible, but she is considered full-term now. I'm ready. And please, don't remind me how many first time mom's actually have their babies after their due date. I know the statistics, but am choosing not to think that way right now. :)

Yesterday I had bad cramps for three hours. I was pretty miserable, but knew I wasn't in labor. I called a friend who recently had a baby and she assured me that those are normal and can happen for a couple weeks before delivery. Darn! :) Justin and I have our bags packed...well, I have my bag packed and Justin says he is ready to go. This week we'll set up the car seat or at least have it ready, then seriously - everything is done. Yay!!

Here are the final pictures of the nursery. Jan (my mother-in-law) made the beautiful curtains. (thanks again!!) The curtains that came with the crib set didn't fit the window, so she used her sewing skills to fix that problem. I love it! It does crack me up remembering that I stated the room wouldn't be too girly to begin with, because it is anything but that! Besides painting the walls pink, I am not sure I could get more girly. Oh well, I love it!

I'll keep you posted with any developments. Until then, you  can join me in praying for patience and somewhat control over these insane hormones! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! The room looks absolutely adorable and perfect!! :) C'MON ELLIE!!! We can't wait to meet you!!! I've got my sub-finder number memorized so I can quickly GET OUT OF HERE to see you when you come!!!!

Patti said...

Your nursery is adorable!!! How fun, I so know where you are! I had lots of those cramps and even pretty consistent contractions for weeks before Miss Emersyn arrived, no fun. Because I was induced, I wasn't as anxious for her to come because I knew the exact day that she was coming but I was excited to meet her, for sure. It is so crazy to have a face to put with a name now. :) I can't wait for our girls to meet, how fun will that be? :) Keep us posted, she could be here any day now!!!

Family of 5 said...

It's very cute! :) She's going to look very cute in her new room! :) I love all the clothes hanging! Cute, cute cute! Your going to love having a girl!

Hang in there...your almost there! What an exciting and yet anxious time! You'll be in my prayers! At least it cools off a lil at night and in the morning time'1 :)

Princess Jessie Pants said...

That room is precious!! I love all of the pink!!

You should check my blog - I have some news to share too!! :)

Take care!! Loves, Jessie

Amanda @ Life in bloom said...

Oh my gosh! I remember those last days of pregnancy SO WELL and I totally relate. Hurry up and wait.....kinda like band! Once it does start it will go by so fast :)

Acker Family said...

She'll be here soon! Such a fun and cute nursery :) Hang in there...she could be early you know!

kelsey said...

i'm glad you acknowledged its girliness!!! though i think it looks so good, i was just remembering your initial aversion to that. i think i'll have a hard time getting a girl's room girly enough! as you struggle to have patience for your final days, just remember--you could be me with 73 days left!!! :( oh, and you could be me in not only HOT HOT weather, but serious humidity too, making most days still reach the triple digits with the heat index :(

girl said...

I am so sorry it is still so hot, Kelsey! That's rough. We have been going through a heat spell here - with temps in the mid-90's. But I know that is still cooler than where you are at and there is low humidity here! I am so sorry! Good luck with those last couple months. They went fast for me, it is now that time is crawling by!