Ellie's Cradle

Monday, September 29, 2008

Here is a picture of the beautiful cradle my dad just made for his grandchildren. Since Ellie will be the first to use it, she will be able to properly break it in with the inaugural sleeps, cries, and inevitably dirty diapers in it! :) The bottom portion is missing right now, because my parents took it to measure the mattress for it. Unfortunately, they said I wasn't "allowed" to have it back until I give them a grand daughter. I'm working on it!  Believe me, no one is more ready than me to have her out in the world!!

6 comments:

Patti said...

That cradle is amazing!!! I didn't know your dad was all crafty like that, crazy! We have a borrowed cradle in our room for Emersyn and it is so nice, I can't imagine going back and forth down the hall to her nursery every time I needed to feed her.
Before you know it, you will have your own baby girl!! Mine is sleeping next to me right now in her bath seat, it is like a hammock for the bath but she just loves it so I let her sleep in it sometimes when I am on the computer. :)

sarawhat said...

That is GORGEOUS! will he make me one? does he ship? :) I keep checking your blog WAITING to see pics of cute Ellie. Hope you're doing ok and hope time is passing quickly.

kelsey said...

i can't believe your dad MADE that! it's really quite amazing. 2 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Acker Family said...

That is amazing!! It's so beautiful! And how fun to have Ellie be the first one to use it :) I'll be thinking and praying for you these next couple days hoping that little girl makes her grand entrance!

Wendy said...

I get to type this reply after I know that you have delivered on that little package. I can't wait to see her laying in her beautiful cradle.