Giant Sigh of Relief!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I just had my first appointment with my new OB doctor here and it went really well. YAY!! If you read my previous post, you know that this turned into a huge ordeal and I was very skeptical about going to this clinic (as a result of incredibly rude receptionists) even though it appeared to be the only clinic open to new patients that with my due date and who take my insurance. Anyway, my new doctor is wonderful and I even enjoy her (so far) more than the doctors I saw in Panama City. Yay again!! Oh - and the receptionists were not nearly as rude in person. Perhaps they were having a bad day...


Another random fact that you don't care about: some of you know that the crazy nurse who I saw in Panama City told me I had gained too much weight. Of course I obsessed about this and it drove me crazy! Well, turns out I haven't (yes, I know you may have told me that, but it felt good to hear it from a doctor's mouth). As a result of getting pregnant while in marathon shape, I was a little underweight to begin with. Therefore, I am right on track with weight gain and have been given the green light and encouragement to even eat a little bit more. SWEET! :) 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew! I've been checking your blog about every 30 minutes knowing you had your doctor's appt. today. I'm so glad that everything went well for you and ENJOY THAT ICE CREAM!!!! Love you, Jan

Acker Family said...

Yay! I'm so glad your appt. went well and that you like this doctor! Praise God :) Way to go on the weight thing too...now you can eat and not feel bad! That baby girl needs some nourishment :)

Amanda @ Life in bloom said...

I had people telling me I was gaining too much the whole time, except my doctor. I ate well and exercised as long as I could, and gained 52 lbs. by the end!

Aimee said...

I gained 47 pounds, and I have lost all but four measly pounds, that at the moment are refusing to budge. I didn't exercise because I was too sick for most of the time, and only gained 5 pounds in the first 20 weeks, but apparently I made up for it in the last 20. Eat what you want, and don't worry, nursing burns an extra 500 calories/day! You and your baby belly are absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

:) :) :) :) :) Hooray!!! What a great day for you!!! :) Bring on the grub! Good for you, Sar!

See you soon!

kelsey said...

so glad it went so well! and so glad you can continue to eat and feel much better about your weight gain. if only i had that excuse...

Anonymous said...

Great news! Enjoy the extra eats!

Patti said...

SO happy to hear that your appointment went well!!

Patti said...

The only thing is, I am getting a pedicure with my mom this weekend and then I have a free one at this place that is giving me a free one before my baby is due and then it is like my due date! Isn't that crazy?? I SO would though, I just don't think I will need one since I have two more coming in the next 6 weeks. :) We should get coffee though sometime for sure, it would be great to catch up!! You are staying in Tigard, right?

afreakforjc said...

Congrats!