Our "Private" Beach

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Tyndall Air Force Base has several miles of beach that only people on base can access. I have been on it twice and have seen a maximum of 4 people during each visit, therefore I call it our private beach. :)

Today I decided to go to the beach to escape my home (change of scenery) and do a devotional. I ended up going as a big thunderstorm was in our neighborhood (about 5 miles away). Here are some of the pictures I took. Enjoy! (...and come visit!)


These two pictures were taken from each side of the boardwalk that leads to the beach. You can really see the approaching storm!


These two pictures are of the native Florida "Oats" that are illegal to pick, the white sand, and of course - the gulf.




And finally, the entrance to our private beach. It was really bright outside, so the coloring isn't the best - but you get an idea. It is really beautiful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures! You are going to come home for Christmas with a really nice tan!! :)

girl said...

Hopefully! :) There is nothing like toting around a real tan while wearing a wool sweater. :)