Even though I was plagued with food poisoning on Monday (thanks to sour-sour cream, ick!), there was something positive that happened on that day. I recieved a call from the NW Florida Philharmonic to play in their childrens concert tomorrow (Thursday). I had contacted the conductor and personel manager earlier in the month, but there are currently no horn openings (all of their horn players come from Mississippi) so I was unable to audition. Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised to recieve a phone call asking me to sub this week! Last night I went to the rehearsal and ended up playing first horn and being the only horn present (there was supposed to be one other there - small section due to the childrens concert). This really put me on the spot, but I did alright and have hopefully secured a spot as a sub. That is very exciting! Hopefully I will do well at the concert tomorrow morning and get more calls in the future. The networking has begun! :)
I also have an audition on Friday morning for the NW Florida Symphony orchestra. Again, there are no horn openings, but at least this orchestra has asked me to audition. I have been preparing for the audition for a couple of weeks, but have not been playing the music as well as I want. Today was absolutely no exception. Sigh.. Hopefully I can do well on Friday morning.
Kate’s Birthday! 🌻
1 month ago

2 comments:
You are going to be amazing!!!! But maybe you should play your hose horn, that'll impress 'em! lol! I'll be praying!
Sarah, you're a star. You are going to play so great and WOW them all, like nobody's business! I'm sorry to hear that you were sick, but I'm so happy about these opportunities for you! I'm sure by now, you've already had your children's concert performance - I hope it was fun!! I look forward to talking to you soon!! I love you!
Post a Comment