My New Life

Thursday, October 4, 2007


So, it is 11am on Thursday morning and I am needing to grow accustomed to this new lifestyle. Here I am sitting on my couch in the middle of the day. I got up at 7:30am, ate breakfast with Justin while we watched the Today show (his classes started a little later today as a result of early morning PT - physical training), looked around on the computer, went on a long run in this humid and hot climate, and took a relaxing shower. This afternoon looks like this: do a devotional, eat lunch, read and take a nap, maybe file some papers, make dinner, practice, and watch the Office on NBC (yes, I am really looking forward to that!). I can't help thinking about what life would be like if I were in Oregon right now. Getting up at 5:30am, scarfing down breakfast and getting ready in a rush, going to school and teaching 4 band classes by this point in the day. Wow, what a difference in lifestyle! Part of me really misses my life in Salem. I enjoy having people "needing" me and relying on me to help them through their day. Yes, I know that Justin needs me and looks forward to me preparing dinner, but we both know that he is perfectly capable of making his meals too. :) Thankfully I am not bored yet. I am starting to adjust to this much slower lifestyle and am enjoying being available to meet new people and participate in daytime activities.

So now my questions is: What is God trying to teach me during this time? I know that I am supposed to be patient. Like I mentioned before, I want to take advantage of this "vacation" from my other life, but I also don't want to be lazy. For an busy and active person like me, God has sure taken on a challenge in changing my life and perspective. Ha Ha Ha! Thankfully He is so much bigger than me and already has a plan for my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that you sitting on the beach?! Good grief! Life's tough! I'm proud of you and what you are pondering and meditating on with God. Way to go, Sarah!

Love you!!

girl said...

Ya, those are our feet. Life isn't bad. :)