It seems wierd...

Thursday, October 11, 2007

I went to the Panama City Pops Orchestra rehearsal tonight. I will join it as it is a group to play in and it gives me a musical outlet, but it is definitely a community group (nothing wrong with that). Tonight we worked on music for the upcoming Christmas concert in December. Being a "pops" group, this meant we played music from Home Alone, Polar Express, etc. During a cheesy version of the Christmas Song, it dawned on me that I am playing Christmas music in 80 degree weather (it was cooler today, so 80 is accurate). How odd is that? Having a "white christmas" was a far off dream in Oregon, but potentially could be a reality if the stars aligned. Here - it is a joke! It just seemed wierd playing that music here in this climate!

2 comments:

Heather said...

i'm glad you're here. :)

girl said...

Thanks! I'm glad you're here too.