
When I walked outside this morning I was greeted with an unfamiliar site. I guess it would be familiar if we were camping out in the wilderness, but I didn't expect to see it on our property. Now that I have built this up way too much... our garbage can and wheelbarrow had been knocked over with our garbage all over the yard. One bag of garbage had been pulled out specifically, opened, and obviously somethings had been removed. Now we live in a "gated community" where a guard with a gun checks everyone and only folks with military IDs can enter. So we know it was not the act of vandels. Also, we have a feeling when the intruder knocked over the wheelbarrow while opening the garbage can the loud sound would have scared off less intiminated animals - eliminating dogs. Therefore, we have concluded that a bear, yes I said bear!, got into our trash last night. Our trash can that is kept 5 feet from our back door and 2 feet from our cars. Hmmm....where are we living?
BTW - we haven't seen an alligator yet, but my friend, Heather, saw one last week - a couple blocks from our house.
(the picture is not of the actual bear that was on our property, but I am sure it was this size or LARGER!) :)
Kate’s Birthday! 🌻
1 month ago

2 comments:
hmmm....the base black bear is probably closer to the size of bruno than the grizzly...
SUPER CUTE pictures of bruno and caedmon from today. see blog and fb. :)
I don't know, Heather. I think the black bear must change color and quadruple in size when no one is watching. :) j/k
Post a Comment