Jackie's Baby Shower, Dad's Boat, and Mother's Day

Monday, May 11, 2009

Wow, was it a busy weekend! On Saturday I hosted a baby shower for Jackie. She is 34 weeks pregnant, looks wonderful, and it anxiously awaiting the arrival of her baby girl: Madelyn Mae.
 

There were about 40 or so people who came to bless her at the shower and it made for a wonderful time. I think it is funny how I was less stressed at this shower than my own. Amazing what pregnancy hormones do... :)

 Pop-pop and Grandpa Pat spending time with Ellie during the shower and clean-up. 

In addition to the baby shower, my dad finished his boat on Saturday!!! He made this from "scratch" and has labored over it for 3 years. We are so excited for him and amazed with how beautiful it looks. Not amazed that he couldn't make it that beautiful, it is just an amazing project! :) Now all he needs to do it learn how to sail... hahaha... hopefully that won't be a major story in itself.  The big launch date is in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see him on the water, with my mom, in his newest project. How fun!

 
Mother's Day was awesome! Justin did a great job of pampering me and allowing me to relax. He made my favorite breakfast in the morning (french toast), then allowed me to dictate the plans for the day. Those included a nap! Yes! :)

Finally, here are some fun pictures of Ellie feeding herself a banana. It is in the fresh food strainer thingy that allows her to suck the food out without worrying about choking. Bonus! I gave her a banana this morning and she LOVED it! It made a mess, but no worries! Oh, funny story: at the baby shower Ellie got ahold of a sugar-free peep (gross, I know). She started sucking away at it and everyone just thought it was a toy since it was shaping like a rubber ducky. Anyway, once I noticed what was going on, I took it from her and she was SO mad at me! It was like crack for a baby. Ha! I think bananas are a good alternative... :)



Here is a picture of Grandpa Bruce feeding Ellie sweet potatoes. Looks like they were both having a fun time! :)
 

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I love the last picture. Grandpas are so great!

Acker Family said...

I love that her hair is red! Is that really true or is my computer tricking me?! Happy 1st Mother's Day to you!

girl said...

Amanda,

Her hair truly is red. Sometimes it looks brownish red, then other times it looks like it is on fire red! Crazy! I love it, though and really hope it doesn't change. :)

Family of 5 said...

WHat a weekend is for sure! BUt looks like you all had a wonderful time with your family! Your lil lady is so cute! I love her cute expressions!

joles family said...

Sarah,
Your hair looks great! I am glad you got a good mothers day! Happy 1st Mothers Day!

Heather said...

Love the pictures and stories!!