I can't believe Ellie is 7 months old! Crazy!!! I took some pictures of her yesterday and she looks like such a big little girl - sitting up on her own, rather than my baby. :( Sad. I held a 5-week old baby the other day. Wow, they grow up fast! I need little Maddie to come (Jackie's baby), so I can hold a little baby again.
However, we are LOVING the stage Ellie is in. Here are some fun things we experience daily with her:
- She is sitting up well on her own
- Lots of babbling: "Ya ya ya," Yar Yar Yar" (she's part pirate), "Ba ba" (at least we think it is a "b" sound)
- Grabbing at everything: things on the table, hair (ouch!), utensils, remotes, computers, toys, anything
- Loves Bruno. Whenever he is around, she reaches out for him to lick her hand. It is cute...until he licks her face. As much as Ellie loves it, I don't. :)
- Giggles and laughs a lot = So fun!
- Loves to eat! We're quickly catching up in the weight category (at least I hope so). She loves cereal and all of the different fruits and veggies she has tried. Also, she usually eats 2x the serving size, so she is finally fitting the 6 month clothing very well and getting some great thunder thighs. :)
- Close to crawling, even though I am fine if she waits on this. She gets her back legs moving, but hasn't figured out that she must lift her upper body as well. It's pretty funny to watch, even though she gets really frustrated. We like to laugh "with" her. Haha!
- She is starting to give hugs and kisses more purposely... or at least it seems that way.
- She is in a "mom" stage. As wonderful as it feels to be wanted, it is difficult to get things done and see her not as happy with other people (like Justin) - unless I am around. We know this is a common stage, but I hope it passes soon.
- We LOVE, love, love her and can't imagine life without her. Yay! :)

4 comments:
What cute expressions she has! SUch a lil girl! I sometimes miss having a lil baby to hold too, but then reality hits and realize I will just enjoy holding those friends' babies around me! Then I can send them on home when they get hungry or fussy! :) Parenting is such a wonderful gift!
:) Such a sweetie :) I'm so excited to see her (and you) next weekend! :) And I'm excited to see how she interacts with Maddie! I wonder if she'll appear curious or not even bat an eyelash.
Wish I could hold her before she gets to much bigger, let's get together. She is sweet Sarah.
Such cute photos! She is doing so well at sitting too! If she is anything like her mom, she will skip crawling and head right for the run!!
Post a Comment