
Last night I went with my friend, Leanne, to see the documentary movie: "The Spirit of the Marathon". The film followed first time marathoners to elite athletes through preparation for the 2005 Chicago marathon. The premise of the film was "when you cross the finish line, your life is forever changed" and the producers did well making this point. I was encouraged that the good, bad, and the ugly parts of preparing for and completing a marathon were presented by all athletes - olympic medalists and amateurs, and that even the elite runners struggle at times.
The movie was incredibly inspiring and reminded me why I love to run long distances. It truly is about finding that inner strength and pushing yourself beyond what you previously thought was impossible.
This was a special showing for the movie, but I highly recommend it for people who are interested in watching how ANYONE can overcome weakness and complete a marathon.

0 comments:
Post a Comment