The bags are almost packed, gatorade is in the car, and ibuprofen is at arms reach. That can only mean that we are about to depart for Orlando for my marathon! :)
The marathon is on Sunday at 6am EST and I hope to be finished a little after 10am EST. I know that most of you will probably be sleeping during that time, but know that I will hopefully be happily plugging away at the 26.2 miles. Yes, I said "happily!" My last marathon was great until mile 22 when I messed my system up by eating too many sports beans (jelly beans full of electrolytes) at once. My main goal this time around is not to get sick. My next goal is to get a better time than I did at the Newport Marathon in June. We'll see. This marathon marks a lot of firsts for me: running without a running partner, running at a ridiculous time in the early morning, etc. Hopefully when I do my next post on Monday or late Sunday night - I can report all good things. :)
Until then, I will make sure to do a round on Space Mountain and Indiana Jones for you will definitely give Mickey your regards! :) I can't wait!!! Wahoo!!!
Prayer Requests:
1. That I sleep alright on Saturday night. I am pretty anxious about getting up SO early.
2. That my body responds appropriately for the run even though it is early.
3. That my legs feel fresh on Sunday even though I will be walking a lot on Saturday in Disney World.
4. That the humidity isn't too bad on Sunday during the run.
5. That I run exactly how I have trained and eat/drink at appropriate times (the key to not getting sick).

4 comments:
Hear me cheering you on! Really, freakin' loud! xoxoxo.
Have a BLAST!!!!!
Hurray for you!!! We are your own personal rooting section on the other coast!!! Love you - Jan & Bruce
Post Marathon brownies, anyone???
See you sometime today!
Way to go, my friend...I am so proud of you :)
Post a Comment