Dear Ellie,
Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl! I cannot believe that you are two today. We are sitting on the couch together watching M.ickey M.ouse C.lubhouse and I am marveling that almost exactly two years ago this minute you entered the world. Now you are dancing around and singing to the music completely engaged in what Mickey and the gang are up to. :) I love you more than you'll ever know and so happy that you are my little girl.
Ellie, I am loving this stage of your life. We have entered the "twos" and I think I'd like to rename them the testing-twos, rather than the terrible twos. Each day you amaze both your daddy and me with your development. You are counting, naming, singing, dancing, obeying (and - cough, cough - disobeying), imagining, playing, creating, coloring, discovering, and learning every moment. It is amazing!! Along with these activities, you still love to snuggle up and read with us or cuddle.
I love our days together. Most days we have some activity planned that takes us out of the house. Whether it is an activity more geared toward you or me, you do a great job of adapting and making new friends in each situation. You are shy to begin with and at times I wonder if you approach new situations with the attitude "distrust until proven trustworthy," however you adapt very well and are a sweet, sweet girl. You still cling to me when you're nervous, and although I will help encourage you to be confident in these situations, I inwardly love how much you still need me. :) I hate leaving you when you're crying, but I am assured that you always stop after a few moments and play really well for the remainder of the time. (Maybe you're just trying to make me feel bad for leaving you? :)) You are learning well how to share with others and you love to give hugs to your friends before you leave.
Ellie, you have a belly laugh that can bring a smile to my face regardless of how my day has gone. You LOVE to be tickled, especially by your daddy, and you truly love to laugh. You have the sweetest voice and say some of the cutest things. Some of our favorite words at the moment are "tap-tap-tss" (chapstick), "napcums" (napkins), and "feef" (thief). In addition, a fun game right now that we play is we ask you if you're silly, a Monkey, or really anything and you always say while placing a hand on your chest, "No, I'm Ellie." You'll then ask us if we are something like that, but then say, "no, you Mama (or Daddy)." It is adorable. :)
Ellie, we pray for you everyday that God will continue to keep you healthy, safe, that you will fall in love with Him at an early age and have a heart that follows Him. We pray for your development (mental, physical, and spiritual) and your future friends and husband. You are such a blessing in our lives and a true precious gift from God. We thank Him for you everyday.
Thank you for being our spunky, fun, loving, cautious, and sweet little girl. We have loved every moment of these past two years and look forward to many, many more to come. I love you, honey.
Love,
Mama

1 comments:
You are the best parents to the best red-headed, adorable two year old around. Beautiful, Sarah. Happy Birthday, sweet Ellie!!
Post a Comment