Ellie 2 Year Stats

Tuesday, October 5, 2010


Ellie had her 2 year appointment on Friday and she is doing great! She is 33lbs (96%) and 36 inches tall (94%). Whew! Big girl!! She is also doing awesome in all of her developmental stages. On each thing we had to answer about Ellie, we were able to check off "yes" rather than "sometimes" or "not yet." Wahoo!!


Ellie is definitely a little girl now. (I know, I know, I've said that for months now) She has conversations with us, is able to tell us if a person is a boy or girl (and she's been accurate), counts up to twenty, adds new words to her vocabulary daily, loves to sing songs, play "make believe", and boss Bruno around. :)

Ellie started riding her bike tonight! For the first time she finally figured out how to alternate pushing the pedals so she could make the bike move forward or backwards. Yay! It was amazing to watch her finally get it. I can't believe how fast time is flying.

Today we went to OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science Industry) and she loved exploring and playing with everything. She was interacting with other kids (without my prompting), exploring every activity, and excitably dancing to the live music. She was completely comfortable in her environment, even with every toddler in the state (or so it seemed) being in the room with us. I was so proud of her!

I am sure there is a bunch I am missing, but my brain is fried. I spent all of my energy chasing a toddler today. :)

1 comments:

Jackie said...

Did you spend much time in Richard Scarry's Busytown? Is that exhibit still at OMSI? That's where I worked while I was there - fun times.