God is good all the time. God is faithful. God is sovereign.
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
God is faithful and sovereign - regardless of what is happening in the world, nation, city, or my home. Although it seems like everything is spinning out of control right now, God is in control. The thing is, we just can't see the whole picture. We question if God is really there. I mean, does God know about the war and what it is doing to the nations over there, besides the families over here who are sending soldiers to fight - many times repeatedly?? Does God know about the terrorists?? Does God care about broken marriages, untimely deaths, the economy, loss of jobs, and an untruthful political climate?? Of course He does.
There is sin and evil in this world. God knows that, He allowed that by giving us freewill, and He is in control. God works the evil for GOOD. The thing is, we just can't see the whole picture. If we could understand God, understand the way He works, then He wouldn't be much of a God. If I could figure out how to solve the world's problems, let alone the problems in my community and home - then why place my trust in a god? The thing is, I can't. God sees the whole picture and I definitely don't. I never will. Something that may not make ANY sense right now, that may be painful and horribly unpleasant, can still be used by God for a greater purpose. I have to trust. He is faithful. He is sovereign.
A great quote from C.S. Lewis: "Our first words in Heaven will be, 'Oh, of course!'" Suddenly it will all be clear. Suddenly we will see the whole picture. Suddenly we will truly understand that God is God and we are not. Believe it or not, God is bigger than us and knows better. He has a plan. God is faithful and God is sovereign.
I find this as a great encouragement. Takes the pressure off, you know? Hopefully this makes sense to at least one person out there. And if not, that's ok too.

4 comments:
Great post, thank you!!
Awesome post friend, I love hearing your heart. I feel the same way sometimes, like "does God realize the condition of this world that I have to raise my daughter in!?!?" and then need to be reminded that He is the great I AM and that has to be good enough for me.
Wow, Sarah. You nailed it. I'm thrilled to read what God is doing in your heart. Your writing choked me up. I love it. And I love you!
I can't wait until that moment when I see Jesus face to face. I just can't wait! I love reading your thoughts
Post a Comment