Party Prep!

Thursday, September 23, 2010








This weekend we celebrate Ellie's second birthday with some of her little friends. We are hosting the party at our house this year and are expecting it to be low key. We are only inviting a small number of families with kids around Ellie's age, but it looks like the guest list has risen to 30 people (not 30 kids! That's just the number with adults included). Now I am not sure how "low key" it will be, but hopefully it will still be fun! :)

One of Ellie's very favorite things right now is the M.ickey M.ouse C.lubhouse, so we are having a M.innie M.ouse party. We have invited the guests to come dressed as their favorite character, wear mouse ears, or Disney apparel. Ellie will be dressed as Minnie Mouse and I am really hoping some of the other guests play along. We will be playing games such as Pin the Daisy on Minnie, a musicial chairs type game to the theme song the show. In addition, we will have an unstructured play area outside complete with a bubble machine, water table, small slide, sidewalk chalk, and a tunnel. I know the two year olds will love it and I am hoping the older kids will just play along. :) I'll make sure to post pictures soon!

Last night, Ellie and I decide to test run some cupcakes for her party. Really, this was an excuse for me to have a rich cupcake with chocolate frosting - but don't tell anyone. :) I love baking with Ellie and she really enjoys helping. She also loves sampling the chocolate that is inevitably in each creation we make. :)

Here are some fun pictures of us baking as well as pictures that I got when trying to capture the right one for her invitation. Unfortunately, she just doesn't sit still for pictures anymore, so it is quite an adventure!

(by the way - the reason there are periods in the middle of some of the words above is so that my blog doesn't show up on an internet search if someone is searching for that specific thing. I'm just protecting myself!) :)

4 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm SOOO sad that we can't come to your party, Ellie!! We would for sure come in serious Disney regalia!! We love you so much and wish you a happy, HAPPY Birthday!! Enjoy your hot dog! ;)

kelsey said...

what a fun sounding party! you're a much nicer and better mom than me! we're not doing anything (again!). sure i'll make a cake and we'll have presents but that's it. boring! can't wait to hear how it turns out and to see pictures!

Brittany said...

I love the matching aprons!!! How fun, I'm jumping on the first flight I can catch because the party sounds awesome - I wish :)

Patti said...

Haha, I was wondering when I saw the pictures of the cupcakes how long they could possibly stay fresh. I think I found a costume for Ems to borrow, I'm so excited!!!