So, last night I was checking facebook statuses and came across one that convicted me beyond belief.
There is a family at the church I grew up in that is going through the excruciating pain of losing the father at too young of age. Although the two daughters are around my age, it is still too early to be losing their dad. The family has been openly relying on God during this time, but one of the daughters has also been open with the hurt, anger, and frustration that she is losing such a special man in her life at such a young age (she is about 24).
Here was her facebook status yesterday: Dad's words to me: "Amie Girl...don't ever be resentful to God for this. He is God of the mountains but still God of the valleys. Even though you're in a valley right now, He's there right along with you".
What a powerful and awesome reminder from a man that has only been given a couple months to live that God loves us and is in control. God has a plan for everything and we need to trust Him in the good times and the bad. When things are wonderful, He is rejoicing with us and when things are hard, He wants to carry us through. All we need to do is lean on Him.
Thank you, Jesus, for such a powerful reminder that you are God, you love me, and you will never leave me. I want to trust you as I walk through mountains and valleys.
Kate’s Birthday! 🌻
1 month ago

3 comments:
Thanks Sarah for the good word. I needed that more then you know.
I love you, Dad
I'll never forget something I read in an Elizabeth George book a long time ago. She talked about soaring on wings like eagles and how God is always keeping you in flight. Sometimes you're soaring in the clouds, and other times He's keeping you just above the thorns.
Great post, Sarah. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment