


Ellie is now one month away from turning two years old. YIKES!! Just like in previous months, things seem to be on "fast forward" and accelerating daily. Here are some fun things our 23 month old is doing:
Ellie loves to count. She can count to 14, but usually stops at the number 9, skips 10 and 11, and then picks up at 12. :) We have 14 stairs in our house which I have counted with her since day one, so I think that is why she counts to that number. It is still crazy to hear our "not quite two year old" count so much!
Ellie continues to LOVE to sing. We have added "Wheels On The Bus" and "Ring Around The Rosy" to her favorite playlist. It is her favorite activity to do in the car, especially on long car rides. Here's how the routine goes: Ellie begins singing a song (usually to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle) and half way through the song - she says "Mama?!" At that point, I am supposed to join and for the remainder of the trip - we are singing. She calls out requests and I am expected to oblige. :) Many times this lasts for 40+ minutes and I usually come home with a craggily voice.
Ellie loves to talk on the phone - to real or imaginary people. She will walk around the house with a phone to her ear and hold her end of the conversation: "Hello? Hi! Uuuummm, yes. Uh huh. Yes. Yes. Ok. Bye-bye." *Repeat.
Next month Ellie will be officially weighed and measured, but she unofficially weighs between 31-32 pounds (I'm thinking the latter) and is between 35-36 inches (again, I'm thinking the latter). This puts her in about the 100% or beyond for both weight and height. What a difference from a year ago! We just like to say she's "healthy" with her chubby thighs and little gut. :) She is quickly moving through 2T clothing and really onto 3T, even though I am having a hard time buying that large of clothes for my baby.
Something a little gross, but really funny is that Ellie responds, "Gross, Daddy!!" whenever someone passes gas around her. HAHAHAHA!!! It is so funny, especially since Justin is usually blamed and she will say it without dropping a beat when she hears the sound. However, we are now trying to change her response to the situation to "excuse you." We'll make a polite girl out of her at some point. :)
I am enjoying watching Ellie play with other kids. She has some of her favorite friends that she feels very comfortable with. When playing with these friends, Ellie becomes one of the gang and is engaging, loud, and rambunctious. However, when around friends that she doesn't see as often, Ellie becomes much more reserved and shy. It takes awhile for her to feel comfortable enough to truly come out of her shell - especially when they are her own age. She looks up to older kids with awe and tries to be like them, and she takes younger kids under her wing (can also be seen as bossy...), but I kind of wonder if she knows how to respond to kids her own age. It's like she doesn't know how she fits in the pecking order. :) However, we've observed her beginning to share and interact much better with kids her own age than before. Yay!
Ellie's imagination is blossoming! Her favorite toys include her doll house, jewelry, her tea set, blocks, lincoln logs, puzzles, books, and her purse that she fills with keys, a cell phone, lotion, and money (a penny). I love watching her use her imagination and play. She does an excellent job of entertaining herself, but always enjoys interacting as well. :)
I'm sorry the pictures on this post are blurry. They all came from my iphone. Also, the video (also taken on my phone) is not only blurry but also wobbly. This was taken at my friend, Kari's, house. Ellie was rocking out on the drumset by herself. When we went into check on her, and this is what we found. Figuring you don't get seasick watching it, it is really funny! :)
This video is taken at one of Ellie's swimming lessons. I think this was right after Ellie decided she was afraid to jump to us because she was afraid we wouldn't catch her before she went under water. Whoops! It is cute nonetheless. :)
Kate’s Birthday! 🌻
1 month ago

2 comments:
From 2 until now (a little over 2.5) has been the biggest changes I've noticed, get ready!!! It only took a couple months, and all the sudden she speaks in complete sentences. Uh, where did my baby goes? Isn't 2 years still a "baby"?!?!
She really looks happy on those drums.....hmmmm...birthday coming up soon!
;-)
Love, Mum
Post a Comment