So, in a feeble attempt to catch up my blog from the past month (and beyond) of neglect, I will try to blog on the past couple trips we have taken.
First: Lapine and Oklahoma
Our little family had a crazy July. We were literally here, there, and everywhere! In mid-July, our adventures began at my grandparents' cabin in Lapine, OR with the Nickolas family. Albeit a short time, it was a fantastic time! We went on nature hikes (ie: Ellie picking up pine cones), swung on the porch swing while listening to the air blow through the ponderosa pines, played games, took naps, and ate really well! It was great!

36 hours after we returned from Lapine, our family parted ways for round two of our
adventure. Justin headed to New Mexico for IB Music training (required by his school), Ellie spent time with both sets grandparents, and I went to Oklahoma to spend time with my college roommate, Tana. We all had a great time!! Justin's training went much better than anticipated and he got to stay in a castle in New Mexico! Ellie had a fantastic time being doted on by all 4 grandparents, and I loved spending time in Oklahoma!!
It was odd being in Oklahoma without Ellie and Justin, but it was also very relaxing. :) Since Tana had to work in the mornings, I got to spend the first part of my day doing my bible study, running, and laying by the pool - all without interruptions. Umm, yeah. It was as wonderful as it sounds!! Then the afternoons/evenings were spent with Tana shopping, eating, seeing the musical 42nd Street (lots of tap dancing = so much fun!!), watching chick flicks, and spending time with her family and other friends. It was fantastic!
Tana and I obtaining our Rusty's Frozen Custard dessert after being sent on a secret birthday mission from my friend, Kari. Mission accomplished and it was delicious!! By the way, a super sweet gift is to give a friend a gift card when they are on vacation and have them pick it up at the location. Thank you, Kari, for being so sweet!!!!
In addition to spending time with Tana, I also got to see my friends, Brittany and Jan - who I met at Tyndall AFB in Florida. What a blessing it was to see them!! Jan just had an adorable baby boy, so not only did I get to see her again, but I also got to hold tiny little Israel. Wow!! In a short amount of time, I was able to get a snow cone with Brittany, go out to dinner with her and her husband, and recognize how much I wish we lived closer to each other. You ever have those friends who you meet and immediately "click" and want to get to know better? Yeah, that's Brittany for me. She went out of her way to see my in Oklahoma, took me out to dinner when I got bumped from my plane, and was a wonderful encouragement! Given the year we have ahead, I was very happy to connect with some AF wife friends!!

1 comments:
So fun! I'm glad your "Back in Business" with your blog!
Post a Comment