The blessed days of summer vacation are swiftly coming to an end, so we are quickly completing the things we want to do before school begins. This has been the first summer in the past three years that Justin and I have had "off" together. Thanks to moves to and from Florida, my Master's degree, and Justin's PSU classes (last summer), our summer "vacations" haven't been typical of most teachers. However, I think we did a good job this summer. :)
Over the past week we have gone to the zoo, OMSI, and Multnomah Falls as a family. Packing picnic lunches/dinners and owning memberships at OMSI and the zoo have made each of these trips virtually free. Yay!!
Yesterday we took advantage of the beautiful weather and headed to Multnomah Falls. I am embarrassed to say this is the first time we have been there since moving back to Oregon, especially since we only live 15 minutes away. Oh well, better late than never. Justin carried Ellie in the pack, which was no small feat. Carrying a 40lb pack up 600 feet over mile and a half and then back down = sore legs today!! I am so thankful he happily carried Ellie or else we wouldn't have been able to go. I love you, Justin!! ;)
Here are some fun pictures from our family hike. Soon Ellie will be walking herself up that trail. I'll bribe her like my mom bribed me: candy at each switchback. :)

1 comments:
Cute pigtails!! :) Love the pics! Looks like you had fun!
Post a Comment