I'm DONE!

Monday, March 2, 2009

I am one step closer to getting my Masters degree!!! I just turned in my final paper for my current class: Sociology and Psychology of Music Education and am on a high with having it and the class completed. I would be lying if I didn't say I have been pretty stressed out in this class - trying to complete it with a baby. It has been difficult, since the only time I can actually focus on reading or writing is when Ellie is asleep. BUT - I did it and it is DONE. YIPEEE!!!! 


Onto Ellie - she is 5 months old. I can't believe it. She is changing daily and is so much fun. She loves sitting up right now and will only amuse us on her tummy if she is completely happy (ie: fed and after a nap). Although she does turn over both ways, she has learned that you can see much better while sitting up - so that's where she wants (demands) to be. She can't sit up on her own quite yet as she is still "head heavy". :) But, the Bumbo is our friend and helps her from falling over. She now joins me where ever I am in that thing. A great entertainer is a mirror. Sit her in front of a mirror and you are guaranteed at least a couple of minutes to get something done. However, you probably won't get anything done since it is so much fun to watch her. We also put a crib mirror in her crib that has toys attached as well as the possibility to play music if a rolling thing is hit. That has been a huge success! Ellie has figured out how to make the music play and loves - I mean LOVES looking at the baby in the mirror. It is too funny. Every morning I hear her playing with the toys or talking to the baby in the mirror. She actually entertains herself in her crib for about 30 minutes doing this (in the morning only, afternoons seem to lack patience with it), so I can sleep a little longer. SO thankful since she seems to wake up around 6:30-6:45am. Here is a cute, albeit dark, picture of Ellie looking in her mirror. She was supposed to be sleeping, so I snuck into her room without turning on any lights. Sorry it is dark. 

I promise to be better at posting until my next class begins...which is on Monday. But, that gives me at least a week! :) Ellie and I are headed up to Seattle this weekend to visit Brant, Jackie, and their baby (still living inside Jackie) while Justin is a weekend warrior with the Guard. I am sure there will be some fun photos and stories that evolve from that. 

On that note - bye for now. I am going to go enjoy a stress free night. :)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Yay for being done! Congrats!

Callie loved her crib mirror, too. I think she loved seeing herself smiling more than anything (which is what we love too!). You are so right about how it gave us time to do something, but that we usually ended up spending time watching her look in the mirror too... Ah, I love being mom. So fun!

Aimee said...

Congratulations! I bet it feels good to be done! It's so fun to watch the little babies with the mirrors. What a darling little babe!

Acker Family said...

YAY for you! I could never do what you're doing, way to go! I can't believe Ellie is 5 months! That is crazy. I would love to get together, so whenever you're in Salem let me know!

joles family said...

Wow! I don't know how you did it with such a young baby! Good job! I love also hearing about Ellie's growth! It lets me know what I have to look forward to! It is amazing how much growing and changing they do in just a years time! Miss you guys!

Patti said...

Congrats, that is great!!!

I am totally going to look for a mirror, buying any time in the mornings is something I am always interested in!!!

afreakforjc said...

have fun in seattle