I have been given another opportunity to trust God. Today I had two horn students tell me that today was their last lesson due to the economy. This was to follow losing a student last Thursday and two others in the past month - all for the same reason. I am not going to lie - it sucks! But, I also completely understand. Taking lessons is a luxury and therefore, the first to go when "dad" loses a job. I really hurt for those families and can't imagine being in that position. Unfortunately, though, what effects them also effects me.
Justin and I took a huge leap of faith when I decided not to go back to work. God has done nothing but to show us how sovereign, faithful, and in control He is. He has never let us down and never will. I have no doubt about that. I am so thankful that Justin has two jobs (teacher and Guard) that he loves and are secure. What an amazing blessing.
We will be fine. I kind of had a feeling we were going to have an opportunity to trust God soon in this avenue and here it is. We thankfully have made good decisions and stick to a strict budget. Although it is definitely nerve-wracking, I know everything will be fine. Who knows, maybe God is allowing this to happen because I am too busy with school and life. This does open up some time. I won't complain about that. :)

2 comments:
Hey friend, I totally understand. We are looking at a rather large chunk of income missing starting this month as well. We are trusting God too, and I KNOW He will provide what we need. But I'm glad we had already bought our Wicked tickets. :)
We'll be praying for you. God is always worth trusting!
Post a Comment