This is going to be a weird, hodge-podge of a post. :)
This past weekend, Ellie and I travelled up to Seattle to spend time with Jackie and Brant. Justin had Guards, so we decided to take advantage of the "free" weekend and take Seattle get-a-way. It was great! It was so wonderful spending time with Jackie and Brant in their home. We spent a lot of time playing Wii, relaxing, and eating. I can't think of a better weekend - especially with the crazy weather we are having again (by the way - I am SO over the snow!!).
Saturday morning after my run, we went to 5 Spot restaurant on Queen Anne in Seattle. It is a fun, eclectic restaurant with a different theme each quarter. Meaning - each quarter they completely re-do their menu and decor to fit the theme. Fun! Anyway, they have a french toast to die for. It consists of huge two wonderful pieces DRENCHED in carmel. Yummm...I am salivating just thinking of it! So good! After eating a fantastic brunch, we headed to Babies R Us to check out Jackie and Brant's registry (their little girl is due in June!!!) and then back home to sleep while it snowed/rained outside. Top that off with an evening full of Wii, pizza, cake, and a movie - and I am one happy, happy girl! The only thing that would have made it better is if Justin was there.
Ok, onto Bruno. I haven't shared this story, because I didn't want to weird anyone out, but Jackie told me I should post it on here - so here we go. :) Our dog, Bruno is pretty much the best dog out there. His only "flaw" is that he gets super excited when people come over and jumps initially. I hate that, but whatever... Anyway, Bruno has done a fantastic job adjusting to Ellie. He really loves her. He lies by her when she is crying and "protects" her pretty much at all times. He is very gentle with her and it is really sweet to watch. We keep telling him that as soon as Ellie begins eating solid foods, she will become his best friend. :) Anyway, about a month ago we were upstairs with Ellie getting her ready for bed and she was being fussy. We had left her binky downstairs in her carseat and at this point of the evening - she wanted/needed it to calm down. I was about to go downstairs to get the binky, when I saw Bruno coming up the stairs with the binky gingerly in his mouth. My initial reaction was "gross!", but then I realized that he was bringing us (Ellie) the binky because he knew she wanted it. Umm, pretty much the sweetest thing ever! After scrubbing it down, we gave her the binky and she immediately calmed down. What a great dog! He has done that twice now and we now refer to him as "Nana" - from Peter Pan. :)
Last thing: I start my next class today. It is called American Music. I am kind of excited - wait, that's too strong of a word. I am not dreading this class (much better). It will be writing intensive: 2 essays and a 1000-1200 word paper due each week, but on an interesting topic. Hopefully it will go well and quickly. After I complete this class, I only have 2 classes until I graduate. Did you catch that? TWO!! I am slotted to graduate in December of this year. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and would be lying if I said I wasn't excited about it! :)
So, there you go! Since I start a new class today, I will probably be sporadic about blogging again. Don't worry, everything is fine on this end - just studying with a baby is difficult - so that is where my "free" time goes. Until next time!

8 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Everyone that I have told the Bruno story has thought it was so cute - and I've told quite a few. Jan
SOOO glad you shared that bruno story! can you EVER imagine eerwin doing something like that? he is so indifferent to blake it's almost comical. completely unaware of his presence! good luck on your next class!
That is so sweet about Bruno, you have to get a picture of that!! What a smart and intuitive dog!!
We need to get together, I know we have been saying that for weeks now. We should meet at a park somewhere and walk and let the girls play, hoping that the weather gets nicer SOON! Although I bet they miss the Nordstrom lounge, it has been awhile, hee hee.
I love the dog story! Too, too cute!
Such a great blog, Sarah! I loved hearing about your trip to Seattle, and my mouth was watering over the french toast too! LOVED the story about Bruno. SO AWESOME!! Congrats on your class this term. It does sound a lot better than last term's class. Hope it's fun!
I love your post! And I'm so glad at least 4 of the pictures turned out! I miss you and Ellie so much (and Justin, too). Thank you, again, for coming up for a visit. We had such a great time with you.
I love you!!
P.S. Good for you for posting about Bruno!!
What a fun time to get away! Hope those classes stay easy for you! Hang in there
The french toast looked amazing!!! Everytime I eat it, I think of you! lol. but seriously, I do. I fixed it for Kris and Nick when we were snowed in and felt like I was cheating on you. lol!!!!!
Post a Comment