The Joys of Second Trimester

Friday, April 4, 2008

I am officially in the second trimester of my pregnancy and am loving it! Morning sickness is now just a memory, I have a lot more energy, and I am not sleeping ALL of the time. Simple activities such as grocery shopping, cooking dinner, eating dinner, and watching commercials do not make me green anymore (unless they are involve hamburgers - which still make me sick to think about!!). I am so thankful for all of these things! 


Today I am somewhere around 14 weeks and 3 or 4 days. This morning, Justin and I got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the second time - which was wonderful! The first time was very loud( (or at least it seemed that way) and a fast 172 beats per minute. This time it was fainter (but not too faint, don't worry!) and 157 beats per minute. The reason it was slower was because our little one is now the size of a lemon. :) (We love those analogies) I figure it was fainter because the baby was swimming around in a different location than last time or something. No biggie. 

Our next appointment is on May 9th and is when we will learn the sex of our baby. We are SO excited!! :) Yes, we are finding out the gender. I have heard so many people's opinion on this, but we are happy with our decision and are excited to find out the gender. I am looking forward to picking out clothes and things for the nursery and creating a registry. Yes! :)

Until then, I will continue gaining weight and eating a ton. Earlier I mentioned that morning sickness is a distant memory. That is only partly true. I have learned (the hard way) that if I don't eat every two hours, I get sick...hugging the toilet sick! It hits suddenly and fiercly and, of course, is miserable. It is hard to get into the mentality of putting off the hunger feeling for a little bit in order to wait to eat with Justin or whatever, but after having  pull over to the side of the road or to rush to the bathroom several times - you begin to get the hint! It will still probably be a little bit until I have a belly picture to post, as I don't really look pregnant yet - just like I have gained weight. Ha! But, I promise to post one once it actually looks that way. Also, the reason I haven't posted a picture of the baby is due to the fact that we only have one picture when he or she is 6-weeks old. It only looks like a bean and isn't too exciting. Hopefully our next appointment will produce some great pictures along with an accurate gender. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Heather said...

awesome news. i'm glad you're feeling better. may 9 - we both will get big news that day! :)

afreakforjc said...

Excellent! Congrats on the 2nd trimester.

Susan said...

Ah, Sarah! Keep the posts coming. I am so tickled to hear how the pregnancy is progressing, and I am thrilled for all three of you! Enjoy every minute...you'll look back on this time for years and years, and speak of it often with your child! How magical.
Love, Aunt Susan (the McMinnville one!)

Anonymous said...

Congrats congrats!! I SO know what you mean about having to eat so frequently and I too learned the hard way. May 9th will be here before you know it!! I can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the hamburgers! I couldnt' stand them all 9 months and it took a while after Claire was born for me to be brave enough to try them again! Consequently, Michael was also banned from eating hamburgers and I could smell it on him if he had snuck one. (Do you have super human pregnancy smelling abilities yet?)

Love Kate