"Check"

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Justin passed his final academic test for the Air Battle Manager program today!!!!!! We can finally check all of those nasty, time-intensive, brain-buster tests off our list of things to do before we get to go home. I hope you can imagine the face of relief that I was greeted with when Justin came home after the test. Aww, it was wonderful. :)

Are we nearing the end of the program? Well, not quite yet. Justin is currently in Block 4 (out of 5) and it looks like he won't be done with this block until early June. Of course, I wish they would push them through quicker, but it has something to do with "waiting your turn". :) Anyway, after Block 4 is complete, he will move onto Block 5 where he will control live fighter jet missions. This is what they have been studying for the entire time, so it will be neat to put the training into action. As a result of the F-15 jets being grounded for 2-months, the training in Block 5 was put on hold and severely backed-up. I am really impressed with the measures they are now taking to push guys through and get them done with the training in as time-efficient method as possible. Again, of course my goal is to get Justin done with those live training missions as soon as possible. Once they are done, we get to go home!!! Although his graduation date is still September 17th (pushed back due to the F-15 groundings), it looks like we should be home MUCH sooner than that. How soon? We don't know. I am hoping for late July, but that may be too optimistic. It is the military, so really - there is no way to know. That makes it hard for "planners" such as Justin and I! :)

Regardless, today marks a monumental day for Justin. I am SO proud of him and the accomplishments he has made thus far. I am also thrilled that he won't have to study for hours on end cramming for tests. That means he will have more time to help me with my theory homework. hahahahaha!  :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! Give Justin a hug for us. And hugs to Kris and Jackie, too. Hope you are having lots of fun. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Love you,
Jan (aka Grandma!)

Tana said...

Yeah! COngrats, Justin!!!!! I love you guys and am very proud of you and praying that you get home in time!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Justin! What a lot of work!
Hope you have a great time with your mom and Jackie. I'm sure that they are enjoying the warm sunshine...I enjoyed reading about your trip to Target. I tried to avoid maternity clothes as long as possible too. The hardest part for me was when I bypassed John with my weight...at least it wasn't by too much :o)
Take care of yourself!
love,
Marcia

girl said...

Thanks, Marcia! The weight thing might happen with Justin and I too. He is losing weight right now and I am gaining it. I think that secretly he hopes to weigh the same as me (or less) when the baby is born. :) We'll see...

Heather said...

CONGRATS! :)

Patti said...

I jumped on the blogger bandwagon! My blog is pretty boring so far and full of repeat information for you but I thought I would let you know about it to keep you posted! :)

www.brettandpatti.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! It's kind of fun checking your blog while sitting in your house in Florida... :) :) And yes, fellow-Sarah-blog-readers, we are having a fabulous time in Florida - my skin is getting darker... :) YAY!!!!!!!

afreakforjc said...

I'm going to have to put a blurb here about skin cancer. It's dangerous. You can get it. Yes, Jackie, that means you. SPF 50 every 4 hrs in the sun.

OK, that's the end of my public service announcement. :-)

girl said...

Thanks, Dr. Andrew! :)