Pregnancy Cravings....Weird!!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

I am in my 16th week of being pregnant and just recently I have discovered some very odd cravings for me. Don't worry, there haven't been any late night runs to the store....yet. :) If you know me very well, you will probably be shocked at some of these cravings. Here are two of the biggest so far. File these away, as they may be on "Sarah Trivia" some day! :)


#1: Bacon...Bacon....BACON!!!!        

Oh my goodness, I can't get enough of it! I love the smell and the taste is like heaven in my mouth.  FYI - I have never liked bacon - never. Before, the thought of it repulsed me. Now, awww - I salivate just thinking of it. :)

How did I discover this? The other night, I made chicken, bacon, ranch wraps for dinner. When I have made this before, I basically just cooked the bacon for Justin. Well, I suddenly realized that it smelled amazing and tried a piece. Holy Cow!!! I couldn't stop eating it! The look on Justin's face was priceless. Not only was he shocked, but he also looked at me like "who are you??" Ha!! I just went to the grocery store and bacon was one of the first things in the cart. When I got home, it was immediately cooked and I am now enjoying my first ever BLT sandwich (with cheese...yummm). My only concern now - I ate half the package and will need to buy more soon. Justin??

#2: Butterfinger Crisp Bars         

Heaven...that's all I can say. Again, before - I never really liked Butterfinger bars. To me there wasn't enough chocolate in them and the orange stuff just got in the way. Now.... :) All I can say is that I have been searching for them everywhere and came across a BAG of mini butterfinger crisp bars today. I bought two and have hidden them along with a stash of cookies so that my "I am watching what I eat" husband isn't tempted. Or is it really because I just want to ensure that I am the only one who gets them? ;)  I'll go with the first answer. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a chuckle I got out of that one. It's amazing that what you crave is what you would normally never eat!! I can only imagine Justin's expression while you were totally enjoying that bacon. See you soon....Love you, Jan

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Yay for your baby making you have strange cravings... :) I can't wait to hear what midnight runs have to be made...but what store would you go to? Doesn't the Commissary close early? Uh-oh..

Patti said...

You are too funny!!! What's funny to me is that I used to love bacon but now it is almost too rich for me during pregnancy. I guess it depends on the kind though. My biggest craving so far: fresh pineapple. I can cut one up and eat the entire thing by myself! SO delicious! Also, the little cutie oranges. I think citrus is a common thing to crave though. :)

Enjoy your bacon and butterfingers!