My Weekend in Jacksonville, FL

Monday, March 31, 2008


This past weekend I headed to Jacksonville with Adrienne to hear Beth Moore, a fantastic Bible teacher, speak.  After doing a couple of her studies, we were both excited for what was in store, but I don't think either one of us realized how much we would be blessed. It was incredible. The three-session conference focused on Philippians 3:7-14, 4:1-2 and revolved around running the race of the Christian life and chasing after God strong. This is how we are blessed and this is how we live a fulfilled, happy life. Even when negative things happen, if we continue to keep our eyes focused on Jesus - we will be blessed. I know this is true from my own life and then through the thousands of testimonies I have heard through the years. 


After a lot of decompressing and thinking about the weekend, I think I was most blessed in being prepared for my future life change. Going from working full time and loving it to being at home full time with a baby is going to be a hard change. Yes, I am excited about it and yes, I know it best for my family. But, I am still mourning the fact that I am not going back to work. This weekend gave me great perspective on that all and guided me of where I should be focusing. That was refreshing!

The conference was Friday evening and Saturday morning. Adrienne and I left Friday at 10:30am to do the 5-hour trek to Jacksonville, FL. With great conversation, music, and a mandatory drink stop at Sonic - the trip went quickly. We arrived in Jacksonville in the nick of time to check into our hotel, grab some pizza, and join the 14,500 other women at the conference. Wow! On Saturday morning after the conference was over, we decided to put off the long car trip home for a little bit and headed to the beach. This was as far east as we could get (the Atlantic ocean) and probably will be during both of our stints in Florida. We enjoyed a great lunch and then made sure to get our feet wet in the Atlantic ocean. It was a lot of fun. I was shocked to see so many people on the beach. I guess I am not used to it: in Oregon it is always too cold for mass numbers of people to be sunbathing and Tyndall is a private beach. I have got to say, I really enjoy that private beach! I also enjoy the white, sugar-like sand that the Gulf Coast has - unlike the Pacific or Atlantic coasts. Always good to find things to be thankful for.

     Anyway, Adrienne and I had a blast and took some pictures. Check them out on the picture link on the side of my blog. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For anyone reading the comments on this blog, if you haven't had the opportunity to do a Beth Moore bible study, or better yet, hear her live, YOU HAVE TO DO IT!!! She is an incredible teacher and truly a blessing to all she comes in contact with. I'm so excited for you, Sarah, that you were able to go and be blessed this weekend.

I love you!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I don't see the picture link on your blog...

girl said...

It's on now, Jackie. It takes forever for all of the pictures to download onto Photobucket.

Anonymous said...

Beth Moore is amazing. I have done a couple of her studies, my favorite being the Daniel one. Her book "Getting Out of the Pit" is a MUST read!!! I thought it was for women suffering with depression so I was like, oh I am going to read that so I can relate to women going through that but the book was SO good, I clung to every word! Time to re-read it, in fact!!!
How fun that you were able to go! I have never seen her live but would love to!

kelsey said...

i'm really glad you had such a great weekend and were able to get the new perspective you need! and just so you know, since you asked, eli graduates june 11th and then we leave two days after that!!!