Elated

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I can't even express to you the pure joy that filled my heart when I pressed the "submit" button this morning and my final paper soared through cyber-space to my professors inbox. Joy. I then quickly completed my final discussion post and self-evaluation and am officially done with the class. This was the hardest class I have ever taken. It challenged me in many ways and many times more than I would have liked to be challenged...but it is over. Praise God!


So, now my opinion on self-evaluations. What is the purpose? Of course I said that I deserve an 'A'. Who the heck is going to put all that effort in to that class and not want an 'A'. I felt a little set-up by the evaluation, like it was one that you should really say - "oh, if I were honest, I would look beyond my selfish desires and give myself a 'B'." YEAH RIGHT! There is NO way I am going to say that. If I get a B, I get a B (hopefully not lower) - but there is no way I am going to say that I deserve that. Ha!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, it is done and that is all that matters. I am also actually feeling human today and think that I am finally getting better. The antibiotics have kicked in and life is turning good again. :) I can't tell you how wonderful it was to get out of bed this morning. It is the first time in six days. 

Next week I begin my next course, but it shouldn't be nearly as intense. I am giving myself a break before I start "part two" of the class I completed today. What do I plan on doing during my week vacation? Everything I have had to put off as a result of this class and being sick: cleaning, laundry, finances, grocery store, practicing (I have a big gig this weekend). Not especially the most fun stuff, but I am glad to finally have time to do it! :)

0 comments: