You now know that we are having crazy weather here in Panama City, FL. Tornados, torrential downpours, thunder, lightening - all in one afternoon/evening. When I left for a rehearsal tonight, the news said the worst was over and I was "safe". Well, apparently I missed the part that all of the roads would be FLOODING!
The ride to the rehearsal was fine. I decided to take the Four Runner just for good measure (I usually drive the Honda Accord) and I am SOOOO glad I did. The drive home took a full hour and was just plain scary. I think I counted 10 (but it could have been more) lakes that I drove through. Yes, LAKES - at least 2-3 feet deep. Can you say scary?!?! I saw a ton of cars stalled, but I knew I had to get home. I would always make sure a smaller/shorter car went ahead of me and made it before I crossed. It didn't matter though - it was still scary and each time I kept wondering - is this the lake that I will be spending the night in, in my car?
Thank goodness for wireless headsets. I had my sister on the phone with me the entire drive home and she encouraged me and prayed with me with each lake. She was in Seattle checking the news in Panama City and giving me updates. I am so thankful for her! She kept saying, "you're going to make it! Relax, you can do it!" Awww, it really helped. Thanks for being awesome, Jackie!
Well, I made it home. It was the scariest driving situation that I have been in, but I did it! I am sooooo thankful to be home. (Justin is too)

4 comments:
Oh wow!
I spaced that you were headed that way last night...
So glad you took the 4 runner!! Good call :)
Glad you made it back safe-
xoxo
Love you, Sarah! I'm here for you anytime! :) Besides, it gave me something to do on my night alone. ;)
I've got to stop reading your blog before bedtime!!!! I'm so thankful that you got home safely. Thanks so much, Jackie, for helping get her through this. Love you both,
Jan
so glad you're safe. it was pretty CRAZY.
Post a Comment