Ellie's New Years Resolution

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! In honor of the new year, I have decided to create a resolution for Ellie: to sleep through the night again. :) For some reason, she has been waking up at random times. The thing is, she has been sleeping through the night for 5 weeks at 11-12 hour long stretches. So why is she now waking up? I don't know. When she wakes up, she isn't giving me her hungry cries - it is more just "Hey! Hey! Come pay attention to me!" cries. I have also noticed she knows what type of cries get us in her room. As soon as we enter, the cries immediately stop. It's like she's saying "Aha, I got them AGAIN!" Can we say manipulation? 


So many fun things are developing right now. Personality, smiles, awareness, etc...I guess this is to be expected. I am just SO enjoying full nights of sleep again that I am not giving up easily. Don't worry, I won't ignore important cries...but we're going to work on sleeping again. 

Here's to resolutions!

4 comments:

Acker Family said...

I like the resolution! She might just be going through a growth spurt. Sometimes when we think we've got them on a good schedule they just decide to change things up again! Don't worry, she'll be back to normal. Love the bath picture of her-she's so precious!

Patti said...

I LOVE the new look of your blog. I am going to have to do the same this week. Wow, I can't believe the holiday's are behind us. :) Emersyn too has been waking up at odd times. She was really consistently sleeping until about 6ish but in the last couple of weeks she has started waking up at like 2 or 3 and then again at 6. What the heck? :) I love the bath picture too, ADORABLE!!!! See you Saturday!!

sarawhat said...

I love the picture at the top of your blog. So cute. My baby sleep bible is Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. I still reread it on a regular occasion. It applies to kids at all ages, birth-older kids.

Wendy said...

Go Ellie, you can do it :)