

This past weekend, Justin, Ellie and I headed down to Eugene for the OMEA conference. It was so much fun seeing so many people we haven't seen in a couple of years! I didn't end up going to the conference, but instead visited with both sets of grandparents and hung out with people in the evenings. For my situation right now, I got the better end of the deal. :)
It was really neat being able to share Ellie with both of my sets of grandparents. We stayed the night at my Grammy and Pop-pop's, but spent the afternoon of both Friday and Saturday at my Grandma and Grandpa's house. Although I didn't get near the amount of studying done that I was supposed to, I had a great time relaxing and watching them interact with their newest great-grandchild.
Then yesterday we headed to Ikea to buy some new shelves for Ellie's room. We needed some secure, sturdy shelves to hold all of her toys. We were successful and now her room really looks like a little kid's room. We go in there and let her play (right now that means lying on her back or tummy and staring at toys) and I study. Not so fun for me (the studying part), but Ellie loves it. :) It is fun thinking about when I set up her room when I was pregnant. I didn't really know how we would want it, so I did my best to just make it cute. Now it is cute and functional for play. I'm pretty happy with it and know it will continue to morph as she grows older.
Here are a couple of pictures from this weekend. I also included pictures of Ellie with her newest toy that is AWESOME. It allows her to stand (which she always wants to do) while I have a chance to study. Perfect!

5 comments:
Oh Sarah, thank you, thank you for the new pictures. We are missing Ellie so much right now - even though we probably wouldn't have seen her anyway. Just knowing we are this far away! What a doll.
Love you,
Jan
She is so cute! How great that she got to spend time with her great grandparents! What a neat memory! Love her smiles! :)
The picture with Ellie laughing over Dad's shoulder is by far my favorite. TOO sweet!!!!
We have the same Jumperoo--I just put a video of Callie in it yesterday up on my blog. How funny!
that is a seriously deluxe jumper toy. Something to look at in every direction.
Post a Comment