Here are a couple of pictures of Ellie. It is so hard to catch her smiling without it being a little blurry since she moves so much. Here are a couple, but we'll keep on working on it until we get that perfect, non-blurry picture!
We have experienced some really fun milestones with her lately. The most significant is that she rolled over yesterday!! She rolled to the left from her back to her stomach. I was so excited - it was a little ridiculous. Justin just missed it. We, of course, waited for her to do it again and tried convincing her to roll toward us - but she was having none of it. Darn! It hasn't happened again, but will soon. She gets so close it is almost frustrating!
Ellie is also "talking" a ton and showing off her big, gummy smiles. So fun! We are just having a blast. Although I am sad she is growing so fast, this is such a fun stage. She has definitely settled into a somewhat schedule, however - she has started waking up periodically in the middle of the night. It has really caught me off guard and isn't every night - but awake and ready to be fed nonetheless. I am just really hoping she is going through a growth spurt. It is hard for me to know when to go feed her or when to make her put herself back to sleep (which she is somewhat successful at). I always feel like I am playing the guessing game and don't want to be building bad habits that I will regret later. This is such a learning game!
This week is a fairly momentous week for me as I am finally getting back into the swing of all my activities. I run my first half marathon since being pregnant on Sunday, I started women's bible study at church today (it was awesome), and I start school again next Wednesday (boo!). You know there will be blog updates on those activities soon! :)

4 comments:
Ellie is looking so cute and big!!! And you sound just like me about the guessing game and not wanting to encourage bad habits......I'm the same way! But it looks like you're doing a GREAT job!
Seriously....Ellie is soo cute!!! I love her little face and smile-adorable! Hang in there with the sleeping, they like to go back and forth just to keep us moms on our toes! :)
cuuuuute pics! good luck on your marathon!
Wow! I can't believe she's already rolled over! Callie just did that for the first time on Monday--and she's 4.5 months old! Your little girl must be strong :) How exciting, though!
Post a Comment