4 Month Stats

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ellie had her 4 month check-up today and apparently she is tall and skinny. She is 25 inches long, which puts her in the 75th percentile. However, she is only 12 lbs 2 ounces - which is the 19th percentile. To be honest, this alarmed me a bit and I am concerned about her weight. However the doctor reassured me (several times) that I am doing everything right and not to change anything. She is an active little girl, so she is burning a lot of calories. I tried to get the doctor to tell me that I needed to add more fat into my diet, but he said that was not necessary. Darn! I would love an excuse to down milkshakes and dozens of cookies!


Otherwise, Ellie is an alert and healthy little girl. Dr. Dunn seemed pleased with her progress and of course, Justin and I were elated to hear it! We just now have to fatten her up. How? I don't know. Apparently I am doing everything right... Arg!

Here is another picture of Ellie in her new jumperoo. I admit - it is a little over the top as far as stimulus goes. However, I really like how it plays classical music with a bunch of different harmonies. Pretty awesome. If you look at Ellie's feet, she is standing on my GIANT research book for my current class. That is just one of the books I am reading right now. Fun, huh? I posted this picture on my class website so my classmates could enjoy my secondary use for the book. They seemed to enjoy it a lot! :) Speaking of my class - I am actually enjoying it. The workload is light compared to this summer's courses (which was ridiculous) and the material is interesting. We are studying the musical development in infants  - not bad timing for me right now! It is pretty interesting and really neat to learn about Ellie's musical development. 

5 comments:

Heather said...

Callie had the same thing at her 4 month check-up. She was 25 inches, and I think 12.5 lbs--was that what you said was for Ellie? I was concerned, too and asked the doctor if I needed to do anything. She just made sure that Callie's disposition was pleasant, and that she didn't seem hungry after feedings--which she didn't. Callie really is growing, though. Just this week, we moved into size 2 diapers, and her 6 mo. baby clothes! Yikes!

kelsey said...

so i knew blake was a porker, but i guess i didn't know how much of one until i read that your 4 month old was over half a pound LIGHTER than my 2 month old!!! in fact, i'll bet blake is a whole pound bigger than her by now the way that kid eats!! so funny how different kids are!

Heather said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your class! That will help the load be lighter. :)

Wendy said...

congrats on a healthy girl :) I guess you could try feeding her milk shakes and cookies ;)

Heather said...

It was really great to see you, too. I'm glad I got to meet Ellie finally! She is as adorable in person as she is in pictures! :)