Happy Thanksgiving!!

Saturday, November 24, 2007


Justin and I were graciously flown home for Thanksgiving to celebrate with family and celebrate my grandparent's 80th birthday celebration. When we learned this, we decided to tell everyone but Bruce. This was an easy thing to keep quite...until he came home from Iraq. Even from 3,500 miles away, Justin and I almost slipped to him about our upcoming visit (Jan was amazing and kept it quite for 2-weeks in person!).

I came home on Wednesday and Justin had to wait until Thursday to travel home due to class. I was picked up by my parents and had a wonderful evening with them. Justin was picked up on Thursday morning by Jan (his mom) after she told Bruce that she was unable to join him at a charity event due to not feeling well. :) After Justin arrived, they then proceeded to the area where Bruce was helping serve a Thanksgiving meal to needy people. I guess when Justin walked in the room, Bruce did a double take before he actually realized it was his son in the room. How wonderful is that? The reunion was perfect, I just wish I could have seen it. Here is a picture...the joy on Bruce's face is undeniable! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is more that priceless. I get chills just looking at the picture. :)