Ok, before I begin, I know that this is all part of the process and everyone has to go through it, BUT since this is my blog and I like/need to vent - here it goes:
I am SO frustrated with this new inspection process for our house in Salem. We had the house inspected for the first buyer, but since that deal fell through - we had to have it re-inspected for the new buyer. Of course, the new buyer hired some fancy "I'm going to report everything" inspector, and of course - they nit-picked to find everything wrong with the house. (Side note: I wouldn't mind hiring this inspector for our next house purchase, but for the purpose of this vent session and on OUR side of things - it sucks!) Anyway, the inspector came up with a laundry list of things that needed to be fixed and the buyer was going to pull out if they weren't. So, Justin and I did what anybody would do who is living 3500 miles away from the house they are supposed to fix and called my dad. :)
Thankfully, I have the world's BEST dad and he came and spent several hours fixing the requested repairs in our house. Of course, most of them were silly and fairly trivial, however fixed they were. We also had to hire an electrician (our friend who graciously took time out of his ridiculously busy schedule to help us) to come and change some "GFI" thingy that was supposedly a hazard - although no other inspector in the house's 15 year history ever came across it. Our electrican also advised that it is actually safer the way it is, but we had to comply to the buyer's request - so we changed it and paid the $60. Ugh!
Now I was just told that our furnance filter is missing and the buyer wants it replaced. It was there when we left, so where did it go???? My only guess is that when we had to turn the gas and electricity back on after the first set of buyers pulled out - that the gas guy took it, didn't replace it, and of course - didn't find it necessary to tell the owners of the house (who are living 3500 miles away). Are you kidding me???
I really do understand that the buyer wants the house "perfect" before she moves in, but I wish that it would be recognized that we (well, our friends and family) are bending over backwards to get this done for her. The house was in fantastic condition when we left and now it could be shown in the Street of Dreams (well, that may be an exageration...). Anyway, thanks for reading my venting session. The house could possibly close by the end of this week and we will then be able to wash our hands of the entire thing. I can't wait!!
Kate’s Birthday! 🌻
1 month ago

3 comments:
Sarah, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even after 8 or 9 of these transactions, it doesn't get any easier!!!
Love you,
Jan
What an annoying process! I think I'll stay put in an apartment for now... (hmm..) But good thing Dad came out to the rescue! :)
Good luck!!
Steet of dreams, huh? Man, maybe I shoulda bought your house. lol. After you guys move back to OR, I need to come visit when the street of dreams is going on. That was amazing!!! I love you!
Post a Comment