Wheat, Wheat, and More Wheat

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

That pretty much describes Kansas. Today we made the trek from Denver to Wichita, KA and boy was it boring! Eastern Colorado and most of Kansas looks exactly like the picture you see below. It is pretty, until you stare at it for 300+ miles. Ugh!

A positive thing about Kansas, though, are the rest areas. The picture below is of the world's best rest area, located in Goodland, Kansas. Seriously, this thing had a full visitors center complete with hosts, maps, pictures, coffee, and super clean bathrooms. We were so impressed that we took a picture to share with y'all (ya, I officially get to say that again and people don't make fun of me around here!). :)

Tomorrow we make the much anticipated trek into Oklahoma where we will meet up with Tana - my best friend from OU. I am so excited! In addition, to hanging out with her, we will see friends from OU and see an OU football game on Saturday. We are SOOO excited for that! We will be on the homeside in the nosebleed seats, but that is OK because 1) we got the tickets for free (super bonus), 2) we get to watch the band during pregame and half time, and 3) we get to watch this years team live - which is awesome since they are amazing this year! (Can you tell that I am excited?) I am not sure if I will be able to blog these next couple of days, but will try my best. Keep posted!

4 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Sounds like everything is going great for you guys as you trek across the country. I'm very impressed that you are blogging along the way! Enjoy your time with your friends in OK! Have a safe trip tomorrow...

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
We are praying for you guys! I just looked at your old blogs and am so happy that you sold your house!!! Congrats!! What an answer to prayer!

Anonymous said...

i am sooooo gald that you had a great time! we miss you and love you! we'll be praying for you!!!!!
Love Lucy!

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I'm so glad thatyou guys are having fun!:) I miss you and've been in my prayers daily. Thanks for updating so much! And you were right i really like Mr. Davies. At first i was hesitant but once i got to know him he turned out to be really cool. Love ya!

Brittney:)