Personal Record, Baby!

Sunday, September 2, 2007



Today I ran the Champoeg Half Marathon and got a personal record! I completed the 13.1 miles in 1:54:30, which is 3 minutes faster than I ran my first half marathon in January. I was very surprised (and pleased) to get a PR due to the fact that I had a stomach ache, I have had many nagging pains in my left leg for the past 2 weeks and actually had to ice it last night, and there were HILLS. And big hills they were! Ugh...

My next goal: Orlando Marathon on January 13th. My projected finish time is 4:09. This will be difficult for me, but I am all about setting a goal and going for it! :) This marathon will be at Disneyworld and all 26.2 miles will be on Disney property. How awesome is that?! I hope to be able to give Mickey a high five along the way!

Now it is time for the best part of any race...the nap afterwards. Good night. :)

1 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Wow!! I'm very impressed by you! I don't think I could run that long...ever! :) I am currently doing a training called 'couch to 5K'. I'm on week 3 & running/walking for 30 minutes 3 times a week - pretty good for me. :)

Congratulations on this great achievement!!