I Hate Cockroaches!

Friday, September 28, 2007


Ok, I know there are a lot of bugs in the South...but I don't want them in my house. Tonight Justin and I were "welcomed" home by two GIANT, red, hissing cockroaches in our house. One in our bedroom (yes, feet from our pillows) and one in the kitchen. Fabulous. I am so thankful that Justin captured them and took them outside even though he shares my extreme dislike for bugs. "Why didn't we kill them" you may ask? It is because those critters are extremely hard to kill. Justin smashed one with his shoe and it was still twitching and alive. Yuck!!!

The worst part about all of this is that not only was today the first day we have encountered bugs in our house, but it was also the day we had sprayed for bugs in order to kill those nasty critters. We are hoping that the spray (which is actually supposed to kill them as quickly as possible) agrivated them out of their hiding place rather then them coming into our home tonight.

We are still incredibly jumpy about discovering another bug in our house and I am afraid we will be sleeping with one eye open tonight. Here is a picture of one of the cockroaches in a cup. To give you an idea of size - it is larger than my thumb. Ick!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one BIG BUG!
Miss you guys and cant wait for u to be back!

Anonymous said...

My mom just read it, and says to kill as many as you can to make the world a better place! haha. She says this while we are holding each other freaking out and cringing. haha. Hopefully that picture in your mind makes you laugh.

Anonymous said...

YUCK!!!!! I can't say that I envy your life just yet! ;)

Anonymous said...

Alright.
I DID NOT NEED TO SEE THIS POST.
(trying really hard not to freak out about the thought of those nasty freaks of nature.)

Might I add that I am not a weenie, either, but those critters are enough to make me crawl out of my skin.

ugh.