14 Months

Wednesday, December 2, 2009



Ellie turned 14 months on Monday. I know I say this every month, but I am amazed with how time flies. Our baby is definitely a little girl now. She is walking, wait running, everywhere. She talks up a storm - and sometimes we can even understand it. :) And her little personality is blossoming. We love her more each day and are constantly amazed at how incredible she is. I can't remember life without her and am so glad she is apart of our family.


Here are some fun "Ellie" stats:

* Ellie is definitely communicating with us now. Her words are ball (ba), baby (baba), bruno (buno), mama, dada, quack quack, cracker (crack crack...yes, similar to quack quack - but remarkably different), and woof. Then, of course, we have "EEEEEEEEEEEE" screamed at the top of her lungs. That means: I want that now. We're working on that... :)

* A way we are working on "that" is through sign language. Specifically, we are working on the signs for "more," "all done," "thank you," and "please." The only one that are are seeing her do right now is the sign for "more," but that's ok - and a definite start. It is sure neat watching her communicate with us!

* Ellie has mastered the stairs - both up and down (although I still keep the gates up and am right there when she is on them). It is neat how she knows to go down the stairs on her belly.

* Ellie LOVES to read. One of my friends, Tricia, mentioned that it may be because she has seen me read so much lately with my masters. I don't know if this is the case, but I love to think there is some positive result for me spending SO much time studying. :) Regardless, I love how she loves to read.

* She also LOVES music, which (of course) we love. I try to have music (mainly the radio) playing a lot, but it isn't playing (and sometimes when it is), Ellie will turn on some of her music making toys in order to have a soundtrack to listen to. It is pretty darn cute! Yesterday Ellie and I visited Justin at GHS during lunch and the first part of his symphonic band. Ellie LOVED listening to the band play and danced the entire time. She also got a chance to conduct the band (thanks, Daddy!). It was awesome.

* Ellie loves to climb on anything and everything. She especially loves to climb onto the couch or onto chairs (which she then tries to stand...another thing we're working on). It is fun to have her sit on the couch with me. She gets a giant smile, so proud to be such a big girl!

* Ellie is super ticklish. Her tickle spots include under her arms, her feet, under her chin, her sides, and her legs. It is so funny to hear her giggle with delight! :)

* Ellie loves her baby dolls. LOVES them. She talks to them, rocks them, gives them hugs and kisses, and sleeps with them every night. Such a little mommy. :)

* Finally, Ellie is walking, I mean running, everywhere. She is very steady on her feet and loves her new found freedom. She has been walking since she was a year old, but the past month has really become very stable. In fact, it now seems weird to see her crawl. Besides the difficulty that comes with trying to get her to remain in a stroller now days, it is wonderful to have her mobile and independent!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Such a fun time of life! I really enjoyed watching Jameson discover life from his feet! It was like a whole new world to him. Enjoy it!

Jackie said...

I can't wait to see her!!

Anonymous said...

hi sweet girl you all by yourself and lonely , let me get you behind the bush and get you nkd I will make your pu--y feel sooooo good