Blogging Block?

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hello Friends,


Sorry that I haven't blogged in a bit. I kind of feel like I have had bloggers-block. Perhaps that it is because I am done with my masters. There is no reason to procrastinate now, so no need to blog? Or, perhaps it is because I simply need a break from typing on the computer? Hmm. Honestly, I don't know. It isn't that there haven't been "blog worthy" events going on. It is just I have been busy than uninspired to write. I promise I'll change! :)

Here are some neat things that have happened lately:

* Ellie spent her first night away from me on Saturday night - and we both did great! Justin had a Guards Christmas party at the coast (where his unit is), so I decided to go this year. It was really nice to just have time with Justin and I took advantage of every free moment! I got to go on a great run on the beach and even got my Christmas letter written. Talk about time management! :) As much as I would love to write that Ellie was super excited to see me when we re-united, it wasn't the hallmark moment I had in my mind. Nope, she probably would have been totally fine playing with Grandma and Grandpa all day. Unlike at home, at Grandma and Grandpa's house (both houses in fact), both grandparents are following and doting on her every move. There is always someone to play with, tickle her, read with her, feed her - on her terms, at any moment. Unfortunately, the world still goes on at home and mama has cook, clean, work, etc. But, I guess that is what grandparents are for!

* Ellie and I spent the day in Eugene yesterday visiting my grandparents. It was really neat and I am so glad I am made the 2-hour trip (totally worth it). We joined my dad's parents (Grammy and Pop-pop) for lunch. It was great and Ellie performed magnificently. She got free-reign of the toys, enjoyed showing off her new walking skills to her great-grandparents, and even managed to get a couple of snuggles from Pop-pop when he could catch her! We then headed over to my Grandma's place (5-minutes away). This is her first Christmas without my grandpa and she'll be heading to Denver to spend it with my aunt's family - so I definitely wanted to see her at some point during the season. She is doing remarkably well, even though she greatly misses my Grandpa (of course). I am so proud of her and so, so thankful that she is living in a community where people love her and are able to take care of her. We made cookies and enjoyed dinner together. I wish I could have stayed longer, but it was a great day.

Alright, I hear little Miss waking from her nap. I better go get ready to dote on her... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a tough job being a grandparent, but we all try to rise to the occasion. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oops, that was from me...Jan