First Haircut

Wednesday, December 23, 2009
















We bit the bullet and got Ellie's first haircut today! I want to let it grow and although she's had the whole "sixties shag" look going on, I was hesitant to get it cut. However, it really was looking shaggy, so I knew at least it needed to get cleaned up.


We went to Kids Kuts in Gresham and the entire experience took about 10 minutes...including paying. :) Ellie sat on my lap and was perfectly content sucking on a lollypop. It was her first time having a sucker, so we had many things going for us. Candy? Good! New type of food while sitting on Mom's lap? Good! Food? GOOD! (The girl loves to eat, what can I say?)

The hairdresser was great and is definitely used to the "first haircut" experience. She cut right along, ignoring Justin's constant camera shots. She also saved some of Ellie's hair for me. Because, who doesn't like saving and looking at 40 year old pieces of fine baby hair? Hahahaha.... I'm still saving it. :)

Here's the picture trail of Ellie's haircut. Justin took LOTS of pictures, so here are just a "few." :)

4 comments:

kelsey said...

using a sucker is brilliant. blake screamed bloody murder, as though each cut was seriously injuring him. it was ridiculous. but now i have a trick to try since he desperately needs another one. his hair grows WAY too fast!

Patti said...

SOOOO cute!! I can't believe she got a hair cut, what a big girl!! Emersyn's hair doesn't seem to be getting much longer, just fuller. My mom doesn't believe that I haven't cut the back of it because of how stacked it looks, hee hee. I wont attempt to cut her bangs again like I have in the past, not worth the struggle. Your experience looked like fun!! Yay for Ellie! :)

Jackie said...

I didn't know you were going to do this!! I can't wait to see it tomorrow! :)

Anonymous said...

the good thing is the pu--y will be hairless for years yet, once hair grows there she is to old for me I like my pu--y really young