Ok all you moms out there, I need your advice.
Ellie woke up with her 3rd cold since late October this morning. This is normal, right? I feel like we are on a revolving door with a stuffy nose and cough. She doesn't have a fever and, actually, has only had one fever throughout all of these colds and it was mild and didn't last long. I did take her into the doctor a couple of weeks ago and everything looked/sounded fine. I know she doesn't have an ear infection. So... is this just part of being a mom? Since she is in a good mood and doesn't have a fever, I am fine with it, but I don't like my baby being sick.
So, here is what I am doing: having her sleep with a humidifier, drink lots of liquids, and snuggle when possible (much to my dismay, she doesn't really let me do this - too many things to do, too little time). Any other advice? I understand that there probably isn't much else I can do, I just want to make sure I am not the only mom who has a kid with a constant cold.

5 comments:
Sounds like you are doing everything right! It's just a bad cold/flu season and with all those germs out there it's no wonder the little kids get sick so much! Hang in there- you are doing a great job as a mom! And that's great that she has no fever! One thing I do for Lily is if the cough is bad or she's really congested I sometimes rub vicks vapor rub on her chest-not a ton, but enough that she can smell it.
the more colds she has now, the less chance of asthma in the future!
I find with Emersyn that I will think that she has a cold but it is really just teething symptoms, although a cough wouldn't be associated with teething. SO tough to get through, I totally identify with you. And you worry that they just aren't healty overall or wonder what you can do to prevent it but I think they just get sick often. :( If you find a magic cure, let me know! :) Praying that Ellie will get better!
Sorry Ellie has had so many colds. Hopefully this will build up her immune system for the future. SB's pediatrician asked me to keep her at home as much as possible this flu season and avoid anyone who is sick. If that is at all possible. I decided against her getting the flue shot, but she was old enough for one. If you are interested you could ask your doctor about it. Hang in there sister! See you in a few weeks! Love you guys!
Bummer about the colds...Josiah and Cami both had a lot of colds too when they were young like that...and seemed like they never went away. Another thing that helped my kids was putting a big pillow underneath the crib mattress so it is propped up a bit so they aren't laying flat on their back so they could breath better. Helped my kids a bit it seemed. And vicks on the feet seemed to help my kids too. Hang in there
Post a Comment