12 Months Stats

Saturday, October 10, 2009



Ellie turned one years old on September, 30th and I am finally writing about her stats...now that she's on her way to being 13 months.


She had her doctors appointment this past Wednesday and came away with raving reviews! She is developmentally and physically doing awesome and we couldn't be happier. Probably the best news of the day was that Ellie weighs 21lbs 8oz, which puts her in the 56%. YAY!!!! This is the first time she's been over the 50% since she was 2 or 4 months old. And then she was in the 19th and 9%... and I was freaking out. I know I probably won't be nearly as concerned with my second child, but being the first - I was worried. So, a plump little 21.8 pounder makes me very happy! :)

Also, Ellie is 30 inches tall, which puts her in the 76%. Supposedly they can tell how tall she'll be when she's adult by doubling her 18 month height (I've heard mixed results about that), so that'll be interesting. The verdict is still out if she'll be as tall as me, but I don't think she'll be short. :) Her head circumference is 46 centimeters (75%), so her brain is growing well and she's finally "growing into her head". :) Thanks to Daddy, Ellie was "blessed" with a large noggin. (yes, thank you Daddy) Anyway, it is nice to know that everything is proportionate.

Here are some fun things Ellie is doing at 12-months:

* Walking! She took 3 steps by herself on Wednesday and 5 yesterday! She is still very cautious about doing it on her own, but totally can if she wants. She will happily take any fingers (preferably with both hands) available and walk around the room. She is also now walking around very independently with her walking toys at home. This morning I even caught her stopping and changing directions. It is amazing how fast she is growing!

* Along with the walking, Ellie cruises around the furniture all day long and crawls (fast!) to wherever she wants to go. Like before, silence is NOT a desirable thing when she is awake, because it assuredly means mischief is underway.

* She loves to crawl up and down the stairs (with supervision). She has figured out how to crawl down the stairs on her belly and now tries to do it all of the time - even when the gate is up. It is pretty funny watching her try to stick her legs and bum underneath the gate upstairs, trying to escape!

* Ellie's favorite things are her pink blanket that my aunt Susan knit for her and her dolly. The blanket is definitely her "lovey" and she carries it around with her, especially when she's tired.

* Her words mainly revolve around the "Da" syllable. Change the inflection and the length of the Da or Dada - and you have a full Ellie conversation. :) She is a little chatterbox too, especially when she's happy. Most times I will walk into her room in the morning and she'll be talking to her dolls and in mid-sentence when she sees me.

* Ellie "woofs" at dogs or any shape that resembles a dog. It's pretty darn cute! I'm working on other animal sounds with her and think she may be "clucking" now too. :)

* Our little explorer gets into everything now. Drawers, cupboards, anything that is on the ground or within reach. Our living area downstairs usually looks like a tornado has passed through, because within minutes it seems like she can get out all of her toys and the contents in the kitchen drawers (that she's "allowed" in). These things are usually quickly put away before Justin arrives home. I think he thinks the house stays tidy all morning. Ahh, little does he know!

* Along with exploring, Ellie is always active. It is rare that she'll sit still to cuddle. I wish she would, but I also love how enthused she is to discover things and play.

* Ellie loves books. She'll bring you different books to read and point at the things on the page, many times giving you and explanation of what she thinks. :)

* Ellie can wave, clap, point, find your (and hers sometimes) belly button, and blow kisses (however her hand usually stays on her mouth - instead of sending the kiss away). The blowing kisses thing is hilarious, because it is accompanied with the "muwah" sound that she hears us do when we show it to her. So funny!

* Finally, she is a very happy little girl. Even when she's teething or sick, Ellie is happy. She is such a fun baby and we head over heals in love!

1 comments:

Jackie said...

I LOVE your post! I miss you guys so much! You are such a wonderful mama and it shows through your words and descriptions of your little girl. I'm anxious for Maddie's 4 month in a week and a half... I think we've got a tall one on our hands! Shocking!... :)