I love the traditions that surround this holiday season. This year for Thanksgiving we had a combined dinner with both families, Jackie and Brant, Brant's parents and grandpa, and Ellie's great aunt and uncle: Brent and Carol. Although the potential for chaos was there, the day was delightful and full of excellent conversation and amazing food. Yum Yum Yum!
The day after Thanksgiving is always fun. I am one of the crazies that get up early to go
shopping. This year Jackie joined me and I was able to complete my Christmas shopping by 10am. Fabulous! :) In the afternoon, the entire family went to get Christmas trees. After finding a good farm that didn't charge an arm and leg for a tree (in Oregon of all places), we picked the perfect tree and headed home to watch the Blazer game. So much fun! Ellie enjoyed picking the tree as well. You can see her in the Baby Bjorn as we picked the tree. She was wearing a reindeer outfit to get into the holiday spirit. Thanks, Grandpa Bruce! :) It was perfect and very warm.
Finally, on Sunday we came home from my parents' house and decorated our own
house and tree. Ellie participated in the decorating via the Baby Bjorn. Man, that thing is like gold in this house! Ellie joins me with vacuuming, folding clothes, getting ready in the morning, etc. What a life saver!
However, the best part of the entire weekend was that Ellie started sleeping through the night. YAY!!! Last night she slept for 9 1/2 hours. I can do that! :)

8 comments:
Isn't it fun having a baby with the holidays around? Enjoy it! She is getting so big :) And congrats on all that sleep! That's awesome!
I second loving the Baby Bjorn!!! When she grows out of that, check into the Ergo Baby carrier, I love it even more!
:) It was such a great weekend!...:) I miss you already!!
I agree about the Ergo after she starts getting heavier, the Ergo is AMAZING, and it can go on your back! Ellie is looking SO cute in her little clothes! Darling!
Sarah! I love the reindeer outfit and it is so great to see the pictures! It is crazy to think you are already sleeping through the night! That is great! I hope it keeps up for you! Sweet dreams!
Love the pic with Ellie on your lap in those cute purple overalls! And so so so glad she is sleeping through the night--woohoo! It's wonderful when that happens!
Oh my WORD!!! I love the new layout picture for your blog!! What a CUTIE!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
She is so big!!!! And BEAUTIFUL!!! I always miss you during the decorating part of Christmas. We had the best decor in the neighborhood! :) Love you!
Post a Comment