Christmas Came Early This Year

Monday, December 8, 2008



ELLIE SLEPT 12 HOURS LAST NIGHT!!!


Yes, that is something to Blog about! :)

She has been sleeping longer and longer through the night - which has been wonderful. It seems that I have been the one waking her up, so this morning I was finally given an opportunity to see how long she'd sleep. The answer - 12 hours! Actually, she probably could have gone longer, but I needed to feed her. Such is life... 

Anyway, I am still looking forward to me sleeping straight through the night again. I slept hard until 4am when I started hearing little noises from Ellie's room. Exhausted, I got up to go feed her, but stopped before I entered her room when I realized it was silent. Same thing happened at 5am, but this time I actually went into the room and peered over the side of the crib to see if her eyes were closed. Sure enough, they were! When I heard the noises at 6am, I decided to just wait until she started crying - as that would be indication that she was indeed awake. However, the crying never came. When I woke her up at 7:30am, she was groggy and probably could have kept sleeping. I am so happy! Since this is beginning to be a pattern, I am hoping my mind/body will trust Ellie and start allowing me to sleep in long stretches as well. Oh, how I have been longing for this day!!

My aunt Marcia got Ellie the onesie that says "All Mommy wants for Christmas is a Silent Night". I have seen it around and laughed empathetically when reading it. How true...how true. Now, Ellie can wear it as her Christmas present to me. Fabulous!!!

6 comments:

Family of 5 said...

Yah! That is so great! Once they start putting on the weight it helps a lot! And what blessing for you to get that extra sleep! It is much needed! Take it while you can! By the way I LOVE her Christmas picture! It is beautiful!

Amanda @ Life in bloom said...

Yay Ellie & Sarah! Isn't it amazing how your perspective changes when you get plenty of sleep! (not that you are ever pessimistic, but you know what I mean!)

Heather said...

LOVE the onesie!

Becky said...

I'm so thrilled for you and Ellie, AND Justin. You ALL benefit when she sleeps like that! I'm jealous, I have to say. The time will come, I know. :) Your daughter is beautiful, Sarah. I do hope that we get to see each other over the break!

Wendy said...

Love the onsie. She is going to be very photogenic I think. Enjoy the sleep, you deserve it :)

sharon said...

I love your family picture, Ellie is beautiful and you look great!