Dear Sweet Girl...

Friday, December 19, 2008

Dear Ellie, 


    Since this blog is turning into a journal of your life, I thought I would take my friend's ingenious suggestion and write you a letter. Right now you are nestled in on my chest asleep. You just finished eating and instead of being nice and awake right now, you decided to take a little nap. That's fine with me. I love snuggling with you. You are only 11-weeks old, but this reminds me of when you were a little, little girl. Lately, you have been so interested in the world around you, that snuggle times are becoming more precious. :)

      Your daddy has had a snow week this week as a result of the storm we've been having. It has been so much fun to watch him with you. I am so blessed to be able to spend all day with you everyday that I am excited to be able to share this time with him. He has been amazed at how active you are! You love discovering things. You are really discovering things through touch right now. You'll grasp onto something and enjoy feeling the different textures. You have also started to really respond to rattles and, of course, your beloved mobile. You just love sounds and especially music - which just thrills us! Anytime you're upset, we can now turn on music and you will relax. I'd like to think that is because of the music you were exposed to in the womb, but who knows. We hope you will grow to appreciate and love music as much as we do. 

     Along with exploring new things, you love to stand and look around. I think one of your favorite things is to look over the side of the couch and see the world behind you. Many times your daddy will pop into your line of vision, which is always fun. We're not sure how far you can see yet, but know you recognize our voices from across the room. We love having conversations with you. Your voice is so cute and you are very vocal about what you like and do not like - through coos or shrieks! You and your daddy will have "conversations" that will last a couple minutes long. I would love to know what you're discussing. Hopefully it is the beginning of a wonderful, special relationship between the two of you. 

   You have also started blessing us with your big, gorgeous smiles. Your daddy and I will pretty much do anything to illicit one of those! Last night I was talking to you in the middle of the grocery store while you were smiling at me. People probably thought I was crazy, but I didn't care. We are so in love with you, that it doesn't matter!

     You have now woken up and are trying to push your way up my body and look over the couch. You are staring in my eyes and letting me know you're ready for play. I better get moving! I love you, little one!

Love, 
Your Mama

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh, Sarah. This is so beautiful. What a special gift this is.

Amanda @ Life in bloom said...

Hang on to those cuddle times, they don't last long :)