So Blessed

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Four of my dear friends and I had a baby shower thrown for us last night from the ladies at our church. It was so much fun, but more so - full of blessings. I was overwhelmed with the amount of love, kindness, and generosity poured about by all of the women - even those I didn't know! I came away feeling so full of blessings and God's faithful love. 


Probably the thing I will miss most about our experience in Panama City is not the beach or the amazing white sand, but our small group at church. It is full of amazing couples (some military, some not) who are at the same stage of life as we are. To add to that blessing, our small group is led by a humble, godly, wonderful couple: Larry and Barbara Christie. They, too, have been such an amazing blessing in both Justin's and my life. I could go on and on about this group, but I won't. Just know that we love each and every couple and will miss them so much. 

So a really fun aspect about our group this year is that there are five of us who are pregnant. Cara just had her baby, but the rest of us are due within a month of each other. CRAZY!! It has been so much fun to share this experience with those girls and I will miss being here for the end of my pregnancy for that reason. Four of us are having little girls and one is having a little boy. Kelley is sure her little boy will love all of the attention from the little girls that will be in his life! :)

Here is a picture of the five of us last night at our shower. From left to right: Amanda, Tracy, me, Cara holding Emery, and Kelley. I love you girls!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!! :)

sarawhat said...

it was LAST NIGHT? I never got the invite. Sorry! I would have loved to have gone.

girl said...

Sara - this was a different shower, don't worry! :) You'll get an invite soon for the one on base. It will be on June 1st.