26 1/2 Weeks

Friday, June 27, 2008

Here she is! 


Yesterday, Justin and I got to see our baby girl once again. Justin was able to make it at the last minute, so we were thrilled to be able to experience this together. 

Sarah Jr. (not her name, but what we will call her on here since her name will not be announced until we see the whites of her eyes) is doing great! She now weighs 2.2lbs, which is four times the amount she weighed 7 weeks ago when we saw her last! She was asleep when we saw her this time and gave us three giant yawns to smile at. :) She spent all of her energy in the early morning composing a drum solo that she practiced in the womb, so she was ready for a nap. (It was funny, although it definitely kept me up!)

Like before, it was just absolutely amazing to see this miracle inside me and acknowledge the wonder and splendor of our God. Incredible! 

I don't know when the next time we will be able to see her will be. I move home on Thursday (YAY!), so yesterday was my last pre-natal appointment in Panama City. When I get home, I will have to go through a referral process once again to get a new doctor in the area. At that point, I will be seeing my doctor 2x per month and I am sure Sarah Jr. and I will be both be growing a lot! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOHHH!!!! Sarah Jr. is soo adorable!! I love her so much already! :) This is a very sweet picture. Thanks for posting it for us all to enjoy!

Family of 5 said...

Hey Sarah- it's been a long time! I hope you don't mind I found your blog on Amanda's blog...you look great! I'm soo excited for you and Justin! We'll be praying for you! WE have a blog at www.steinerfam5.blogspot.com if you want to check it out! hOpe your doing well! Love, Anna Steiner -just in case you don't remember from Salem Heights-or good ol' small group !

Acker Family said...

Sooo fun! I loved having those ultrasounds, especially now when you can see them yawn..how neat! At least it'll be cooler for you here when you're at the end of pregnancy instead of the humidity in Florida-although you're probably used to it by now :)

Patti said...

So fun!! I am jealous that you got another ultrasound!! She really looks like a little baby girl now, not so much this tiny alien creature that they look like initially. How exciting. You and I will have little girls in our arms in NO time!! Looking forward to seeing you soon!!